Wednesday, June 26, 2013

saying good-bye to the Blair Library!

This will be my final blog post on the Blair Library blog. I have so enjoyed being the Teacher-Librarian  and being part of the Blair community. I have accepted a new job at the school board office which will allow me to work with students and teachers all over Richmond. I am looking forward to visiting Blair in my new role!


A special thank you the Blair PAC for their unfailing support for the Blair Library and a special thank you to Yu-Chen, Brayden and Alan's mom, for all her very hard work in the library this year! And a big thank you to all of my library monitors who help check in and shelve library books. I have so enjoyed working with you and appreciated you lending a helping hand.


I have quite a large group of students that comes into the library in the morning to read, do homework, socialize, investigate things around the library, etc. In late May, one of our grade five students joined me in the library for an early morning visit. She twirled around and said, "I love the library - it's like home but with friends!" Her comment made my heart sing as this is the type of atmosphere I have wanted to create in the library - a place where students feel comfortable, welcome, safe and inspired.


The Blair Library has been my home for three years and it is hard to say good-bye to the place and even harder to say good-bye to the students. It has been my honour and privilege to be the teacher-librarian at Blair for the last three years.

As for parting words, my message to the students and staff at Blair is:
Be curious, ask questions, have a sense of wonder, be joyful, read lots, learn new things and take care of each other.

With much love,
~Ms Novakowski

No comments:

Post a Comment